Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thursday inspiration: "Shake it Out" covered by the Capital Children's Choir


When I got into the office this morning, I checked the Facebook page for Rock for Charity 2.0. Before I was able to do that, though, the above video, which appeared on my news feed, captured my attention.

The Capital Children's Choir from London cover "Shake it Out" by Florence and the Machine. They recorded it at Abbey Road Studios after meeting Florence Welch, the lead singer of the band, earlier this year at Alexandra Palace.

Let's just say I watched it this morning and got chills from the moment the little boy at the beginning started singing the lyrics until the very last "oh woah." And, when I watched it again...the chills returned.

I leave you with this video for Thursday's little bit of inspiration. Don't forget, "It's hard to dance with a devil on your back. So shake him off, oh whoa."

-- Leviana Coccia

No comments:

Post a Comment